Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 292

Yay day before the weekend.  Friday's are always a good day.  I've heard from people who are retired though that every day is Friday so they lose a bit of the fun Friday's bring.  I'm thinking in actuality when you are retired every day is Saturday because if it's Friday you still have to work to get to Saturday.  Of course that's the way I think anyways.  Today is an off day from working out for me as I always say.  Today I almost went to the gym though as I got off a couple of hours early from work.  In the end though laziness won out.  At the same time I was also taking into account the fact that tomorrow is L day so better to rest up.  Especially since we haven't gotten together for two whole weeks and last week I skipped the Sat workout completely.  I did have an interesting day at the food trough though.  It was the last day for one of my co-workers and it was Mexican food potluck.  Lots of chips and salsa and guacamole, quesadillas and burritos, and other Mexican favorites.  No sweet stuff though and I missed that.  Made up for though with everything else.  Here's how it went down:

Breakfast: Egg and ham sandwich on a skinny bun with avocado and tomato.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack:  Mexican, it's on!  Small plate of nachos with mexican spiced hamburger and guacamole.

Lunch: Burrito with meat, sour cream, guacamole, pico, and cheese.  Chips and guacamole.  Tamale casserole and chips and guacamole.  Noting a pattern here?  Two quesadillas and guacamole.

No 2nd snack technically but did have a quesadilla on my way out the door as I left for the day.

Dinner: Continuing the Mexican theme at home I had three of the small tortillas with the pork and quinoa mixture along with salsa and avocado.  I followed that up with a half of a dark chocolate candy bar from TJ's.

So Mexican food day was a bit of overkill but in the big picture I did fairly well. Sort of.....tomorrow I will need to work hard as I'm going out with friends to celebrate a birthday.  So more eating and drinking.  Oboy.  It never ends if you are living life to enjoy life and I have always figured that's the idea after all.

No comments: