Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 272

Alright today I meet with L for my weekly overseer workout.  I always can count on her to help me refocus for the coming week.  Plus a killer workout is going to happen.  This week we focused on lower body, which I'm going to need lots of coming in October.  Combined with a little bit of upper body as that will be important also.  I'm expecting these type of workouts for the next 9 months.  Or at least some variation.  I was feeling a bit lazy today so I stayed home and did some house work.  I still tried to not spend the entire day in front of the computer and I think I succeeded to an extent.  I was still on line more than in the last few Saturday's but not as much as in the past.  I tried to be good and not eat a bunch either.  I think I did well in that respect too:

Breakfast: Greek yogurt and almonds.  20oz of cold water.

After workout meal: Picked up two small chicken patties (they were called sliders) at the store and had those on a small bun with bacon, guacamole, cheese, and tomato.  Had on the side some mini peppers.

Mid afternoon snack: Pistachios, big handful

Dinner: Carrots and guacamole along with another chicken patty (not a slider this time) on a small bun with bacon, guacamole, cheese, and tomato.  On the side I had some onion rings.

Later in the evening snack: Pistachios and 100cal bag of kettle corn.

Not a bad day today in retrospect.  I had a good workout and didn't go crazy in the food department.  Tomorrow is Superbowl but I won't be participating in the food frenzy as my friends are all sick.  So our annual SB party is canceled until next year.  In a way I'm glad ( no quilt come Monday morning) but also sad as this is the first year in quite a few years we haven't got together to celebrate one of man's oldest excuses to over eat on chips and chicken wings.  I'll have to make do though as I've already given myself permission to not worry and do whatever feels right.  I will be going to Padden to check out the bike path for the race.  Hopefully the weather will be better than last week.

No comments: