Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 273

So it's walk around Lake Padden day for me.  I'm going to walk the bike route and check it out.  My boss who's familiar with the area has been honest and trying to let me know its a big ride.  The idea is still there and I'm committed but I need to see what I'm up against.  Frankly the website for the race does rate the bike portion as "expert".  Which I'm not.  So far the closest I've come to actual mountain biking is the short portion that I love at the end of my 2hr rides I do during the nicer weather.  And it's not really a mountain bike trail but it does give a me a small idea of what I'm in for.

Okay I wrote the previous paragraph before I walked the bike trail.  Ouch!  As it turned out I missed the more technical section.  I was a bit taken back when I started walking the trail but I realized I was going backwards.  I stuck with it so I could have a different perspective on the course.  There were definitely some places where I was going to have to walk either up hill or down hill and yet there were lots of places where I would be able to make up time.  This coming weekend I'll walk this again but walk the entire course and in the proper direction.  As of right now I realize I'm possibly over my head but I'm going to do it.  I want to do this.  Before it comes to this though I will say I don't have a bucket list so this isn't on it.  After this I may start one in retrospect.

I was feeling the workout from the day before so the walking was doing a lot of good.  I didn't feel like I was having any difficulties with my knees so pretty happy about that.  I did the half course in about 50min so I need to plan on 2hr's this coming Sunday.

Okay here's the food for the day:

Breakfast: Cherry Pie Larabar and 20oz of cold water

After workout meal: A low fat chocolate milk.  Tipilia fish sandwich on a skinny bun with tomato, guacamole, bacon, and cheese.  As a side had carrot chips and hummus.

I met up with friends later in the afternoon and we ended up at a burger joint.  There I had a beer and ice tea.  For the main attraction I had a bacon cheese burger with onion rings.  I was obviously hungry as I ate everything on my plate.

On my way home I succumbed to the lure of a donut store.  I ended up getting 4 of the bad boys.  I was able to not eat more than two of them saving the other two for later in the week (tomorrow probably).  I also ate some pistachios as if that's a surprise.

Okay overall not a bad day and some adventure to look forward to next week.  I think tomorrow I will lift weights instead of cardio to give my legs a bit of a rest.  I just need to be careful and not tweak my neck like last week.  Head up and focus on form.

No comments: