Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 359

Wow only six more days until it's been a year of posts related to the weight loss journey.  I really feel like it's been more than a year but the numbers don't lie.  I haven't really done the best job of losing weight but overall not a bad job either.  There have been a few setbacks and at the same time a few OMG moments when I'm quite surprised at the results.
Today is a good example of the way it's been for this past year.  Today as I left work I really felt a bit beat up after the Tabata workout last night and the Padden running on Sunday.  So I made the decision to skip the gym.  I figured I'd get in a small/short weight lifting workout at home and call it good.  I got home and rounded up the weights and did a short back and triceps series but wasn't really serious about it.  Which was fine as I really wasn't that interested in working out.  Just wanted to do something instead of completely couch surfing it.  Tomorrow is Tabata and I have Thursday and Friday off and I've heard that Sat is supposed to be awesome weather so I'm sure I'll get in a lot of work in the next few days.  Of course a bit of sabotage on my part as tomorrow is weigh in day for the weight loss contest.  And that doesn't even begin to take into account the eating part of the day.  So with that in mind here's the food for today:

Breakfast: Two eggs, 3 slices of deli turkey, avocado, and tomato on a skinny bun.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: A wrap with chicken meat balls, avocado, tomato, and salsa.  On the side stir fried cauliflower and broccoli.  Since yesterday when I had two of the wraps (they were small but...) that made me feel like I'd overeaten, I decided to only have one along with the veggies.  I felt like it was enough but was still thinking about having another, which I didn't.

2nd snack: Made my own recipe of fruit salad for this snack.  I cut up a pear and mixed it with a half cup of cottage cheese and a good dollop of mango/peach salsa.

Dinner: Since I didn't go to the gym tonight I figured I should be a bit conservative with dinner.  Ha.  So I skipped the protein drink (probably shouldn't have) and went for the Greek yogurt with Chia seeds and the 5-seed bar.  I had bought some trail mix at TJ's that had almonds and peanuts along with wasabi peas and dried fruit, which I proceeded to eat all night.  Yes mindless eating got me again.  Damn!

So as I said it's weigh in day tomorrow and we'll see how it's gone.  Frankly though I'm getting comments about how I look and my clothes are still fitting great.  Of course the couple of shirts and pants that are the next size down are not fitting yet so......

No comments: