Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 344

Tabata!  So first day back to work after a week of vacation.  I started out great by getting up at my usual time in the morning so that I had enough time to perform a short workout.  That's my new plan of attack and so far it's going swimmingly.  I'm also back on track meal wise.  I'll be curious to see what the weight is on weigh in day this week.  As we know last week I ate out for lunch every day.  I'm also starting a new weight loss contest and this time I'm hoping to have a better showing.  It was funny though how my weight bounced back and forth each week.  One week loss and next week gain and next week loss.  Ah well as I said to L I'm not going to stress out or at least I'm going to try to not stress out.

Breakfast: Two egg, 3 slices of deli turkey, avocado, and tomato on a skinny bun.  20oz of cold water and  a piece of carrot/zucchini bread.  Yes I'm continuing the dessert at breakfast idea.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Spinach salad with tomato, cauliflower, chicken and salsa for dressing.  Boring but filling.

2nd snack: Apple

Dinner: Protein drink and Greek yogurt with Chia seeds and a 5-seed bar.  A bit later had a handful of cauliflower and almonds

Felt hungry after I ate the dinner so the cauliflower and almonds helped me to not feel starving.

So it was Tabata at the gym and I am continuing to try to not take the easy way out.  Some of the exercises seem on the surface to promote going for the easier versions but I'm really trying to get the most out of the session.  It won't always go that way but in the long run I'm hoping to really make an effort.

No comments: