Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 331

Okay a big fail this morning as I couldn't get out of bed.  So a bit of a backsliding there but that just means I'll have to get back on track tomorrow.  Which shouldn't be too hard as it's Tabata day again.  You know I love having Tabata twice a week.  It really makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something beyond just going to the gym. 
Tonight at the gym I'm going to try to follow L's advice and lift weights.  I really would like to see if I can produce some muscle and clean up my flabby body.  We'll see.  I'm going to do biceps and triceps so tomorrow will tell the story.  I did have to laugh (to myself) as the equipment I thought I'd try out was of course the most popular tonight.  I finally had to tell a couple of guys that I was good and they could just keep using the bar.  I felt bad that they were stressing over the fact that I wanted to use it and they were trying to get in all of their sets.
Here's the food of the day:

Breakfast: So since I got out of bed so late I ended up eating an Apple Pie Larabar at work as my breakfast.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Again the highlight of the day food wise.  Two corn tortillas with cheese, chicken, quinoa, avocado, and salsa.  I had a snack size bag of kettle chips also.  Plus the bowl of stir fried asparagus and brussel sprouts.  Yum.

2nd snack: A banana.  Something I thought I was getting tired of but it tasted great.

Dinner: Protein drink followed by a Greek yogurt mixed with some almonds and Chia seeds.  I also had a 100cal bag of popcorn.

As I said it felt good to lift some weights tonight.  I definitely will continue to mix weight training into the schedule.  Not sure if I will get to ride the bike until the weekend as the weather has turned.  Still though you never can tell.

No comments: