Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 332

You guessed it, Tabata!  Yes once again entered into the Tabata universe for 25min.  Tonight was a tough one as we did legs and then push ups so I was regretting my weight lifting decision from last night just a bit.  It wasn't too bad though and I certainly felt good afterwards. 
I also got out of bed this morning in better shape than yesterday.  So I had my reward and I really think it helps keep the rest of the day in line.  I did have 2 pieces of candy from the community candy bowl but that was it. 
Oh and it was weigh in day for the weight loss contest and I only gained less than a half of a pound.  I also wore a XL shirt that I'd last worn back in the year 2003 or earlier.  I did get a compliment on the fact the shirt looked big on me.  I really don't think it did but it did fit very well compared to the past.  They are going to start another contest and I've decided to participate.  I'm going to try to use this among other things as a way to get my head on right when it comes to my actual weight and wither or not I'm achieving my goal.
Speaking of goals here's the food list for the day:

Breakfast: Two eggs on a skinny bun with 3 slices of deli ham, tomato, and avocado.  Also a piece of lemon tea cake along with the usual 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Two corn tortillas with cheese, chicken, quinoa, avocado, and salsa.  Had the snack bag of kettle chips and a small serving of stir fried brussel sprouts and asparagus.

2nd snack: Banana

Dinner: Protein drink followed by a bowl of broccoli, quinoa, cottage cheese, and salsa.  Grabbed a 5 seed bar also.

So one thing I've been noticing lately has been my attitude on the way to the gym.  I'm anticipating the hard work and internally grumbling a bit about having to do the work.  The interesting thing is the fact that at the same time I'm telling myself that I made the decision to do this so I might as well stick to the plan.  Especially as I know that once I get dressed and out on the floor I'll be fine and enjoy myself.  Certainly Tabata full fills something as I keep coming back with the memory of the last time I did Tabata and how sweaty I was and how good I felt mentally.

No comments: