Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 356

It's Saturday and we know what that means!  L will be waiting to put me to work and I look forward to the latest workout she has for me.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt and Chia seeds.  I just realized that all week I've been entering dinner wrong to an extent.  I've been mixing Greek yogurt with the 5-seed bar from TJ's and also two teaspoons of Chia seeds.  Getting my Omega-3's and I've completely forgot to include that.  With today's breakfast also 20oz of cold water.

After workout meal: Wrap sandwich with two eggs scrambled, 3 slices of roast beef, cabbage & red pepper, a slice of bacon, avocado, and cheese.  Similar to my weeks lunches but with the added egg.

Late afternoon snack: A whole raw red pepper with the last of the spicy yogurt dip.

Later in the afternoon:  Ate some beef jerky along with an adult beverage.  Started to feel hungry so thinking about dinner.  Baked a chicken breast and stir fried some broccoli and spinach.  The chicken breast took a while to bake so while I waited I ate some more beef jerky.  This jerky was not the thick cut type but very thin and so only had 6-7 pieces.  They were paper thin and about an inch square so not much.  It was enough to take the edge off the hunger that might have convinced me to eat more while the chicken was baking.

Dinner: A chicken breast baked in the oven with spices and a stir fried spinach and broccoli mix.

Once again L gave me a workout that was intended to help strengthen my body.  It was specifically designed for helping me be strong for running.  We also talked about the muscles involved in running and what to look for when running.  I am actually looking forwards to tomorrow's run.  I'm hoping to decrease my time.  I also won't be disappointed if my time is the same or longer either.  I just want to really work on getting used to running.  I think that might be my focus for the next couple of outings.
Tomorrow is Running at Padden day and I hope to improve or equal last weeks time.

No comments: