Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 334

Yay it's Friday!  Gotta luv it as that means the weekend is here.  On top of that it also means that I'm only a workday away from vacation.  Yes next week I'm on vacation and it's a challenge week for sure.  Friday's are the official "Do No Workout" day and this Friday is no exception. I will be hanging out with friends tonight and there will be food.

I did get up in time to get in the morning routine and that was good.  I'm going to have to work on that next week even though I don't have to go to work.  I'll try to at least get up at a decent hour (not as early as a work day but..) and get my morning started with a short core workout.  Here's the day:

Breakfast: Two eggs, three slices of deli ham, avocado, tomato on a skinny bun.  A 5 seed bar (ate the last of the tea cake yesterday) and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Short break so only had a handful of almonds no yogurt this time.

Lunch: More tamale pie but a small portion.  2 tacos with chix, cheese, avocado and salsa.  I did have the single serving bag of kettle chips also.

No 2nd snack other than a green tea drink as I knew I was going to eating out with friends later.

Dinner: Okay here we go.  It started out that we were going to eat at a burger joint.  That was fine as I'd figured on something like that.  I would have a burger and fries and probably a beer and feel like I was overeating.  I could handle the quilt as it was with friends.  And we would have done that except the restaurant was packed so we ended up going to a much better place overall.  It was one of those places where you picked out your meat and veggie and then they stir fried it up for you.  They offered a nice selection of meats and different veggie plus noodles.  I choose wisely and skipped the noodle and went with a healthy serving of veggie and some different meats.  I ended up have two plates that were good sized but not over-flowing.  I also had a beer but turned down the offer of ice cream.  There was a method to my ice cream turn down and it wasn't contingent on any kind of dieting. 
At my friends house a lemon meringue pie was waiting for us to get back to it.  So I had a giant piece of pie.  I say giant only because it was a normal wedge but the elevation of the pie was like 4-5" tall.  And it was heavenly good.  ;)

So dinner turned out to be a very good choice health wise and I was able to stick to a good serving size even though I went back for seconds.  Another win in my column in my opinion.  Especially as we head into the vacation time.  I'm expecting to eat a different restaurant lunch every day for the week.
Alright tomorrow is meet with L day and I get to show her the food diary.  I think I did fairly well this week and am going to keep the diary for now.

No comments: