Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 355

Yay it's Friday!  That means that the weekend is coming.  Saturday is almost always my favorite day of the week as I get to meet up with L.  I do enjoy getting to interact with her as we go over stuff related to my health.
As promised though first I'm going to confess something I've figured out.  It has to do with eating food.  Ha imagine that.  Yesterday there was a work meeting that I attended and the boss provided quesadillas for dinner.  I caught myself only eating three of these.  So, you might wonder?  Well normally I would have eaten at least 5-6 before my brain would stop me.  So why did I only eat three?  I was in a social situation with people I wanted to impress, I think.  Why did I need to impress these co-workers?  Not sure but I'm pretty sure that in any other situation I'd have eaten, as I said, 5-6 at least.  What's my reasoning behind this?  Well today there were still quesadillas in the refrigerator and of course every break I had some.  While I was telling myself I didn't need to eat any.  I didn't go crazy but still....  So today the difference was the fact that there was no one to observe my gluttony.  Interesting observation on my part.  I'm thinking I should try to eat in public places more often with people I'd like to impress.  It could be my weight loss secret.  Hmmm.

Breakfast: Two eggs, 3 slices of turkey, avocado, and tomato on a skinny bun.  No carrot/zucchini bread today but had a banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: 3 slices of quesadillas

Lunch: Wrap with avocado, 3 slices of roast beef, 2 slices of bacon, cheese, cabbage & red pepper.  Single serving of Kettle chips.  One slice of quesadilla.

2nd snack: 1 slice of quesadilla

Dinner: Went to friends for the D&D get together.  Took the rest of the lunch fixin's to make a sandwich or two if necessary.  Did have a wrap with roast beef, a slice of bacon, cabbage & red pepper, and cheese.  Also had chips and yogurt dip thru out the evening.  Also had an apple and three or four trail mix bars.  Drank a low sodium V-8 along with water.

So other than the excessive chip consumption and the inadvertent quesadilla gorging not a  bad day really.  I did feel that the evening of chips wasn't as bad as it has been in the past.  Of course I could just be making excuses.  Ha.

No comments: