Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 546

So went to the gym today in the early morning and did upper body.  There was no way I was doing any cardio or lower body stuff.  Why?  'Cuz yesterday's spin class was still with me and boy was I feeling it.  Nothing really bad but my thighs were barking at me.
I figured that I could benefit from upper body.  I did a pyramid type arrangement with the exercises.  Did 8,10,12, then back down 12,10,8.  All the way through.  My arms were barely able to move at the end but they did.

Today is D&D day so I am planning on cheating a bit on food.  Here's how it went:

No breakfast other than 20oz of cold water.  I have read recently about not eating before the morning workout.  So lately I've tried that.  Don't know if it really makes a difference as I seem to still be able to do the work, I think.

After workout meal: I was craving a burger so I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries.  Added some tartar sauce for dipping.

Went to friends in the early afternoon for the game and we had a bean/hamburger dip type offering.  Adding chips to the bowl made it a meal and over the six hours of playing I had three bowls.  I also had three rice crispy treat snacks and two granola bars.

I came home not stuffed so I figure I did a good job on not over indulging.

Ended up eating some later after I got home.  Made quinoa, so had to have some and I mixed it with some turkey breast and salsa.

No comments: