Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 643

Skipping the cycle and meet up with Lorinda day for a 5K.  Yes I'm actually running in a 5K.  It's not that far (only once around Lake Padden so...) and it's a fun run so no pressure.  Not that any race I run has any pressure beyond finishing.  It has a theme, Zombies.  So I was there early to get made up as a zombie and that made it even more fun.  They did a very good job.  Here's how the day went food wise:

Breakfast was just an apple and some water.

After the race: Protein drink followed by a bacon cheese burger with fries and onion rings.  I threw in an adult beverage also.

Didn't eat again until later in the evening and I finished off the Chinese from last night and added a couple of eggs to tie it together.

So running for the first time (in a race) in the new year was fun.  I was a bit concerned though as I'd only run a few times and then not that far.  In reality the practice runs weren't more than a couple hundred yards, certainly not five kilometers.  Of course five kilometers isn't that far.  Also the weekend before this race was when I'd ended up in hospital for my "heart" issue. 
So all in all a fine run in which I wasn't the last one over the finish line.  Not that it really mattered as I finished and that was the goal.  And that will be the goal for any of the races I run this year. 
Yes I plan on running more.  I know..crazy huh.

No comments: