Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 636

So it's cycle and meet with Lorinda day.  At least that's how it started.  It ended poorly.  As it turns out the day was destined to be one of those adventures all of us dread and rightly so. 

As I was dressing after the workout with Lorinda my stomach began to cramp and continued to become very painful.  I broke out into a cold sweat and then I was feeling very much like passing out.  I'm sure you can guess the rest but to make a long story short by the time it was over I'd been in an ambulance and the ER.  I was kept over night and had tests run during those twenty-four hours.  They took blood and introduced me to a stress test for my heart. 

The good news was that my heart was fine and it wasn't related to that muscle, but it was related to another muscle.  Turns out I have an umbilical hernia.  I've always thought it was my fat belly reminding my why I go to the gym.  So a good news bad news type of weekend.

I'll have to get a regular doctor though as they did point out some issues.  High blood pressure that wasn't off the chart but enough to cause concern and thus a prescription for medicine to help.  A very mild one but still something to help the situation.

So the take away is this.  I will need to start going to the doctor (I'm supposed to anyway) and work harder to control my blood pressure.  See about this hernia thing and possibly get it fixed.

One of the side notes from the tests was the fact that my cholesterol was actually very good.  Both numbers well in the green.  That was a pleasant surprise.

All right moving forward and looking forward to the future.  This was a wake up and it just makes me want to get better at this thing called life.

No comments: