Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 387

Back to the work week and starting out cutting carbs again.  I figure if I can do this most of the week it might just help.  So this is the new go to for an eating plan.  I continue to adjust and search for the optimum plan.  So far it seems that I can live with this idea.  For the last five or more years I've eaten the skinny bun with egg constantly and loved it.  I'm changing that a bit by cutting the skinny bun and eating the eggs without making it a sandwich.  I still think eating carbs in the morning isn't a bad thing but the experiment has started and I'm going to keep it going for a bit longer. 
July is coming up and that will be the challenge for me.  The first weekend will be the convention that caused the Debacle in July last year.  Then Lorinda is unavailable for a couple of sessions and I'll be on my own for those.  I'll probably try to work with her at least once during the week in there somewhere.  I will also get my bike riding going and working on the Padden effect.  I accept the challenge I'm setting for myself and expect to survive.

Breakfast: Three egg frittata with spinach and sausage.  Banana and 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds (24)

Lunch: A different kind of veggie salad.  I mixed cauliflower, broccoli, and spinach with steak strips and salsa.  I zapped the veggie in the microwave.  Actually rather good and definitely satisfying.

No second break.  May be changing that though as the week goes on.

Dinner: Greek yogurt and Chia seeds.  Beet/jicama salad from Costco.  Some jerky and cauliflower dipped in a spicy yogurt dip.  Also a Wasa crisp dipped in the spicy yogurt dip.

I wasn't as hungry as I've been in the past few weeks.  I do feel that the running at Padden definitely is a factor in my hunger.  This week I'd didn't run.  I did do the cardio I was doing before but that obviously wasn't making me hungry.  Good to know.  Running=hunger.
I did a different workout tonight.  I worked on balance and ankle strength.  L had shown me some moves that I combined to make an hour long workout.  It wasn't really strenuous like Tabata or even lifting weights but I'm certain it was working some muscles that don't normally get any love.  It was a good break and set me up for Tabata tomorrow.

No comments: