Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 385

It's Padden day and I didn't go.  I had planned on doing half of the bike trail and then running a lap around the lake.  Instead I woke up in the morning and my right wrist was hurting from last weekends shooting.  So decided to not ride ( the pressure of holding the handle bars was rather painful).  As I went to get up though my calf (from last week) decided it was having none of that.  I tried to ease the tension but made the second decision to go to the gym instead.  So I went and did the cardio workout I used to do before.  I walked at a fast pace for 16min on the treadmill and then rode the recumbent for 30min with the random hill sequence.  I'd forgotten how much that makes me sweat. 

Breakfast: Banana and an Apple Pie Larabar.  20oz of cold water

After workout meal: Protein drink.  Two egg frittata with veggie and avocado.  Also Wasa crisp with almond butter and steak strips.

Dinner: Was at friends (aarrggh 3 day weekend) for a birthday party.  Ended up not doing to badly.  Some chicken, a couple of ribs, baked beans, potato and macaroni salad, veggie salad w/beets, and cake.  Two adult beverages.

So I might go to Padden tomorrow and run but at this point I'm thinking a week off is okay.  I'll go to the gym for sure tomorrow and do the cardio again.  It's supposed to be Tabata day but due to the holiday all classes are canceled.  That's okay as I'm still thinking about the calf and a little bit more of taking it easy is alright.

No comments: