Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 361

So getting very close to a year's worth of posts related to this adventure called "getting in shape".  I've gotten lots of help and encouragement from Lorinda and lots of encouragement for everyone else in my life.  I still complain that I haven't lost much weight but I'm getting better about the process.
This week is an anomaly as I'm off the next two days and even though I plan on going to the gym today, I'm skipping out tomorrow.  Of course that's what I do every Friday.  I'm also meeting a co-worker for lunch today and we're going Thai.  I hope to eat something not so carby and will look at the salad portion of the menu. Here's how it played out:

Breakfast: Cherry Pie Larabar and 20oz of cold water

After workout meal: Went to a Thai restaurant and met a co-worker for lunch.  I had four Crab Rangoon's (little won ton wraps with cream cheese and crab inside), a Thai tea (a tea drink mixed with cream and a thick tea), and a salad dish.  This salad was a mixture of bean thread noodles, ground chicken, shrimp and shredded lettuce.  I ended up not eating the whole serving and saved it for later.

Mid afternoon snack: Protein drink

Dinner: I finished off the rest of lunch.  I added some broccoli and cauliflower to make it a bit more substantial.  Also had an adult beverage.

I was feeling a bit hungry later in the evening (since I didn't have to work the next day I was up later than normal).  I ended up having a banana and that was all.  Considering how I was earlier in the week I'm quite pleased with my restraint.

No comments: