Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 368

Another beautiful day here in the NW.  I didn't go to the gym but I did take advantage of the nice weather and went for a bike ride.  Before I got on the bike though I did do a short weight lifting circuit.  I did bench press laying on the floor and rows along with some standing overhead lifts and some triceps.  Sounds like a lot but really most were just one set as I really just wanted to remind the muscles and the bench press was the intense set of four by 12 lifts.  I know I have to be more rounded in my choices but I really would like to see the man-boobs shrink a bit, hence the bench press or chest exercises.  I try to do some back to balance it.  i think I do okay just have to focus a bit more there. 
The bike ride wasn't a really long one but it was still 40ish minutes.  I also realized that it is time to really put more effort into the ride.  I mean up to this point I've used what power I have to go up hills but on the flat I do sorta coast.  So no more coasting.  I'm making the commitment to work hard whenever I'm riding.

Breakfast: Two eggs, 3 slices of roast beef, tomato, and avocado on a skinny bun.  A banana and a low fat chocolate milk.  Also my 20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds

Lunch: Green salad with spinach and chicken.  Salsa for dressing.  All week I've eaten this salad combo just with different protein.  I really liked the fact I could just dump a bunch of greens (already put together) and other salad like stuff in a container and out the door.  It was fairly satisfying but by weeks end it did need a bit of sprucing up.  Which I didn't do as I really had nothing.  Still it wasn't bad just a bit boring and that can be an issue when I'm trying to be satisfied with what's in front of me.  Working on it.

2nd snack: Banana with a Wasa crisp and peanut butter

Dinner:  I think because I wasn't completely satisfied by lunch I did choose a different dinner.  My normal is a Gr. yogurt and a few small items mixed in the yogurt.  Tonight though I felt like I needed more.  So I stir-fried some broccoli, spinach, and red pepper with some of the chicken I'd been using for lunch.  It hit the spot and all I added was a 5-seed bar a bit later.  Oh I did have 4 pcs of candy thru out the day.

So not bad for a day where I tried something different in the workout.  Of course not that different but I'm starting to want to get out and ride the bike.  As long as the weather cooperates that will be my go to other than the Tabata nights.  I think it's a good combo.  Especially since the weather won't always cooperate and I'll head to the gym for a more traditional workout. 


 

No comments: