Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 372

First day of the no or low carb meal experiment.  So far so good, I think.  I ate the frittata at breakfast and it was good.  I choose to eat a cookie at 1st break but only one.  We all know what an accomplishment that was due to my overwhelming love of cookies.  Especially since they were sitting there all day calling to me.

I started thinking about this carb idea and have realized there maybe some difficulty in it's success.  First off this weekend I'm going to a banquet and I just can't see how I'm going to avoid eating more carbs than I should.  So I'm giving myself permission to not worry about it just don't go crazy.  The rest of the weekend could be trouble but if I try I think I can make it.  I'll just have to be creative.

So with that in mind here's how today went:

Breakfast: 3 egg frittata with spinach, onion, and red pepper.  Tasty but tomorrow I'll toss in some salsa to liven it up a bit.  I also might add some tomato and avocado to the top.  20oz of cold water.

1st snack: Greek yogurt and almonds.  Here's where I ate the cookie.

Lunch: So I stir fried a big batch of broccoli and cauliflower with hot sauce and garlic.  I had that with a turkey burger (no bun just meat) and cheese.  That also needed a bit of salsa.  I'll try that tomorrow also.

No 2nd break as part of the experiment.

Dinner: Protein drink.  Greek yogurt and Chia seeds.  A bit later had a Babybel cheese round and a low sodium V-8.

I was definitely hungry after Tabata tonight.  I even felt a slight headache but not sure of the cause of that.  It was after the Tabata workout so it could just have been the need to go to the chiropractor.  Early in the morning at work I did feel a bit off but again not certain of the cause.  I'll keep an eye on the weird or unexplainable feelings.  For now it's business as usual and onward into the low carb arena.

No comments: